Sunday, December 18, 2022

2022 Parade of Ornaments

Welcome! Welcome! The 13th annual "Parade of Ornaments" is about to begin! I hope you're all snuggled up in your warm houses with a nice cup of tea, coffee, or cocoa (in my case!) and can just relax and enjoy the parade. The weather here is a bit nippy, but we finally received a light snow last night--perfect indoor parade-watching weather, I'd say.

Before we begin, I want to say thank you... Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, thank you for the encouragement and support you give me (and other stitchers!), thank you for your thoughtful comments and emails, thank you for inspiring me with your stitching, thank you for being such a kind and caring group! I feel so blessed to have found this online community of cross stitchers through my blog way back in 2009 (and now on Instagram)--if only the whole world were filled with such supportive folks! We are so very blessed, aren't we?

Now, I have a confession to make--this year's parade organizer (that would be me!) did a rather shoddy job of putting the participants in the correct order on the parade route... She mixed up the order of Miss April and Miss May and Mr. July is lined up after Miss September. What? Doesn't she know the correct order of the months of the year? I'm not sure what happened, but there was no way I was going to retake the photos so what you see is what you get... Just know that they are labeled with the correct month and kindly ignore the order they appear along the banister :)

2022 "Parade of Ornaments"

Every year when I see that red dining room shown in the background at Christmas time, I love it! But, during the remainder of the year, I don't--it's simply too dark in there, especially since we have a large front porch just outside which darkens it even more. Every year, I say I'll be painting it a lighter color--do you think 2023 will be the year? 

I'm sure you'd like a closer look at each ornament, right? Well, here you go...

January ~ March 2022

April ~ June 2022

July ~ September 2022

October ~ December 2022

I think this may be my most eclectic bunch of ornaments yet! You have the whimsical Birds of a Feather angels mixed in with the more serious Prairie Schooler Santas. Throw in the daintily pretty Renato Parolin June ornament in blue and the charming round Madame Chantilly December robin ornament and you have quite the mix. But, I love each and every one! I enjoy seeing a mixture of styles and shapes on my tree--I think it really sets it apart. As usual, I'd love to hear what your personal favorite is? Here are some close-ups to give you a better look. You can click on the caption below each one and be taken to the exact post for that finish for more information if you wish...

JANUARY

"The Hometown Diner" by Little House Needleworks

 

FEBRUARY

Prairie Schooler's "Santa's 12 Days of Christmas" (Book No. 125)

 

MARCH

Prairie Schooler Mini Card Set A (Santa with Pear)

 

APRIL

Birds of a Feather  "Christmas Angel Ornaments"

 

MAY

Birds of a Feather "Christmas Angel Ornaments"

 

JUNE

Renato Parolin "Inverno" 

JULY

Prairie Schooler "Santa Moon" (Book No. #53)


AUGUST

Birds of a Feather "Christmas Angel Ornaments"


SEPTEMBER

Birds of a Feather "Christmas Angel Ornaments"


OCTOBER

My Fanny Design "Santa Collection #1"


NOVEMBER

Heart In Hand "Pocket Round: December 25"

DECEMBER

Madame Chantilly "Celebrate Winter"

So, who has a favorite? I actually think mine is the very last ornament I stitched this year--the charming December finish with the little robin perched on the white house. It simply makes me smile and I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

On the floor next to the stairs, I did something different this year. I added a new 24" tree resting in a black metal sleigh alongside a cute red and white Santa and some Christmas greens. It fills in that area so nicely and the tree offers a soft glow at night. 

Love the red and white checked cloth Santa!


The staircase at night

I hope you enjoyed this year's parade! Many of you have told me you've found inspiration in the ornaments I've stitched over the years so I've made links to each year's ornament parade to give you even more ideas. Just click on the year and you'll be taken right to the "Parade of Ornaments" post for that particular year:  2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, and 2010. Enjoy!

A final look at the 2022 twelve

So what happens next?  I'll soon be moving these newest dozen ornaments to my Christmas tree and will be sure to take some photos for you! Don't worry, though, as my staircase garland won't stay bare for long. It will be filled with all of the wonderful ornaments gifted to me by many of you throughout the years. I love displaying them and recalling friendships, both old and new. They'll be adorning my staircase garland until I take my Christmas decor down in early January. 

Christmas is just one week away and I hope everyone enjoys the next seven days. I have to admit to being a bit "down" this year as I won't see my grandson... It's only fair that he spend every other Christmas with his mom's side of the family, but it's still hard. We are saving his presents, though, and hope to go down to Maryland to have a late Christmas with him in January-- fingers crossed! Thanks so very much for joining me today on this annual parade post. Hope you've enjoyed yourselves! Bye for now...

35 comments:

Maria Forner said...

Wow wow wow absolutely wonderful ❤️

Anonymous said...

I can’t decide if June or October is my favourite. Sorry you won’t be with your grandson on THE day but you and the family can make whatever day it is special. When my daughter was young we moved several times over Christmas so we had to move the celebration around. All that really matters is that you all can celebrate together. Whenever or wherever.

Sandy said...

I think I am going to say that December birdie one is my favorite too. I really like that dining room. I am slowing down this week and just trying to enjoy the lights of the tree. Cold is coming which I am none too happy about. For it to get as cold as they are predicting, I can only imagine what you might get.Merry Christmas.

C Reeder PhxAz said...

My favorite is June. Love the simplicity and all one color of it! Thanks for the parade. Lifted my spirits a lot today.

Gabi said...

Amazing!
It is always a pleasure to look to the parade.
Some of the ornies are on my tree too!
Have a wonderful Christmas time.

Sandra said...

My favourites are the Birds of a Feather Angels, I forgot that I was going to stitch those too. We put our trees up yesterday and the ornament tree is already quite full and I haven't hung this years ornaments yet (14) so I may have to have a re think about carrying on next year, especially as they only see the light of day for a couple of weeks a year. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

butterfly said...

WOW ,I love them all to be trueful.
But October and December are now on my list to stitch .
Merry Christmas , sweet friend .

maxi said...

★Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★Christmas★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門| ˚

For you and your familiy

happy stitching
maxi

Marilyn said...

As always, your display & ornaments are so very pretty.
I think my favorite is the Renato Parolin, so delicate & soft.
Love that checked Santa also!
I'm sorry you wont be seeing Mr. Bee, but this way you will have an extended Christmas season.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Another beautiful parade of ornaments, Carol! Hard to pick a favorite because I love the PS designs, but I really do like the December ornament. The little tree vignette by your staircase is darling. Where did you find your metal sleigh? Enjoy the coming week!

Anonymous said...

June and July are my favorites

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

My favorites are the four Angels and the one for the month of December, but it's really so hard to choose!!!!
I love how they all look in the stair garland.
I hope you spend some lovely days, Carol!
Have a very Merry Christmas!!
Hugs from Spain

Carol in Texas said...

I love the Renato Paroling ornament! I’m not a huge fan of blue, but my mother was!!!!! She loved it. I’m more of a green lover. But this ornament is just gorgeous. Your finishing is excellent, Carol. I’ve yet to do any of that, having recently returned to crossstitch after quite a hiatus. Your blog is always a treat, and I spend a lot of time there looking at your pieces and visiting the blogs you follow. It is a happy time! Merry Christmas to you and yours. And please keep blogging!!!!!

Cathy H. said...

It is always so exciting to see your ornament parade! Beautiful stitched pieces and finishing once again. My favorite is June. I love the snowflakes, the simplicity of one color and blue is my favorite color!

I understand how hard it is to not be with family on Christmas Day. I've encouraged my kids to have Christmas morning at their homes. We actually celebrated our Christmas this past Saturday. What ever day they are here is Christmas Day to me. Of course, there will still be part of me that's a little blue on Christmas Day! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Stasi said...

Oh Carol, I love them all and will not pick a favorite. Though I do have to say I am partial to the BOAF angels. I started a hunt for the chart and a kind stitcher friend helped me out....so one day!
I know how you feel about missing B on Christmas; enjoy the time with him when you get it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Carol!!! How much fun!! For me, it’s a tie between the Parolin and the Madame Chantilly.. although I love Prairie Schooler designs…. Those two just struck me in your post today and I love that you took an element of Madame’s design to create a unique piece!! Sometimes we stitchers can be too stuck making something exactly like the model.. I love it when we/you get inspired to change a color or alter a design to personalize it and make it our own!!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fabulous display of ornaments. They are all gorgeous but I think my favourites are the Santa with the Partridge in the Pear Tree and the final robin design.
Your house looks so beautiful with the decorations up.

Rita said...

Beautiful!!
Merry Christmas

Sandy Wambold said...

Santa with the partridge in the pear tree. I always favor the partridge / pear mix.

Manuela said...

Hello Carol,
I like your post.
All your ornaments are wonderful. I like them all. My favourite are June and December.
I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.
Hope you can see Mister B in January.
Big Hugs, Manuela

Kgirl said...

The order doesn't matter. The stitching and finishing is just gorgeous. I love the angels....actually all of the ornaments. Absolutely beautiful. Merry Christmas!

Aussie Carrie said...

Hi Carol’

As usual a beautiful array of newly stitched ornaments, congratulation on finishing them all. I have to admit my favourite is October, closely followed by December. However, it seems unfair to single out any one of them as they are all so different and each has its own appeal.

All days spent with our children & grandchildren are wonderful irrespective of the date. You will catch up with Mr B so enjoy the anticipation of seeing him, rather than being sad it’s not on a particular day.

Greetings for a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and safe 2023.

diamondc said...

Merry Christmas carol: Wonderful Christmas displays, I look forward to seeing how you will decorate every year.

Catherine

Susan Miller said...

I not only love the variety of ornaments, but also the variety of finishes. You always give me great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

Ο κόσμος της Ράνιας said...

Όλα τα στολίδια είναι υπέροχα !!
Μ αρέσουν πολύ τα αγγελάκια και ο Δεκέμβρης πρωτότυπος!!
Ευχαριστούμε για την ωραία παρέλαση και τις ωραίες ιδέες !!
Πολλές ευχές από Ελλάδα για καλά Χριστούγεννα !!!!!

Joanne C said...

Thanks for another Christmas parade and I didn't have to go out in the cold to enjoy it! I loved October with the Santa and the snowmen. Your finishes are so lovely and inspire me to work on finishing some of my own. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Vicki said...

All of the ornaments are awesome. If I had to pick a favorite it would be March or June. Your parade of ornaments is always so fun and festive. The tree at the bottom of the staircase is a nice addition. Wishing your family a Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2023. I'll be watching for Christmas photos with Mister B in January!

Christel said...

Quel bonheur ce défilé !!!
Mes préférés même si c'est difficile de choisir sont, juin, juillet, octobre et décembre.
Vous fêterez Noël avec votre petit-fils plus tard. Cela n'a pas d'importance, le principal est de vous retrouvez tous ensemble.
Je vous souhaite un très bon Noël à vous et vos proches.
Amitiés de France,
Christel

MartinaM said...

Oh how I was looking forward to your parade.
I can't really say which of the many beautiful patterns is my favorite - or I do - the last one with the robin, I love it.
your beautiful staircase with the garland and next to it the tree with Santa is really a real highlight, I want to stand in front of it and take a close look at everything.
I wish you and your family a blessed and happy Christmas.
Hugs, Martina

Sandra said...

All beautiful, but I really love April, May and December!
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, Carol, and a healthy New Year!
I shall only be seeing part of my family at Christmas because my son and his wife live so far away in Canada, but I shall enjoy being with my daughter and my grandson!

Jutta said...

I've been looking forward to this blog post for a long time, Carol, your ornaments for 2022 are beautiful, each one is a small masterpiece, your stair railing is really perfect for the photos!
Merry Christmas to you and your family, hugs, Jutta

Alhana said...

Looking at your Christmas parade every year brings me so much joy, Carol. I am sure your readers enjoy this post as much as you enjoyed decorating your home. How are you able to pick one favourite among so many ornaments is a wonder—all of them are so pretty!
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Harriet said...

Carol, as always, they are all delightful! It’s always fun to see how you finish them and any changes you make. My favorites this year are February and December. Know you will enjoy your time with family, especially grandson, whenever it happens. Merry Christmas!

Harriet

Jennifer said...

Always my favorite post of the year Carol! Congratulations on finishing 12 ornaments again - I can’t choose a favorite because each time I think I have one, then I change my mind! I really like the variety of finishing shapes and techniques and you really do a lovely job with all the bows and cording. Hope you had a happy (if quiet) Christmas!

Leonore Winterer said...

Your ornament parade was as wonderful as ever, thank you for sharing all your hard work with us! I think my favourite of the bunch was the October Santa. Hope you had a nice, if quiet, Christmas!