Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week Thirty-One: Let It Snow








More snowmen this week! This happy little trio standing under a snow-filled forest of pine trees can be found in the Winter 1994 issue of Cross Stitch Sampler magazine. "Let it Snow" was stitched on 28-ct. tea-dyed Monaco using DMC floss. A very easy stitch, but all of those smyrna-stitched snowflakes took some time. For the snowmen's eyes and buttons I used Mill Hill petite black beads.



As in most gardens across the country, our zucchini are taking over... In an attempt to use some (okay, one) of the zucchini, I discovered this delicious recipe for Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Muffins and baked some this morning. I am, in one way, just like a little girl who never grew up--I hate green vegetables. So this is my half-hearted attempt to get some into me! I did substitute 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil with 1/4 cup applesauce in an effort to make them even healthier. (Of course, the fact that I doubled the amount of mini-chocolate chips completely offset that plan!!). Anyway, here is a link to the recipe on one of my favorite recipe sites, Allrecipes.com: Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Muffins Enjoy!

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Yum! These look delious!

Sweet Sue said...

This is great, a nice finish and the BEST kind of stitchy blog, food included:) Muffins look super, thx for link. Now, can you hook me up w/link for cucumber muffins, tarts, coffeecake, biscuits, etc.~the pickles are killin me~LOL!

Sweet Stitchin...

Sweet Sue said...

And, your pics are very nice BTW:)

Ranae said...

The snowman stitching is so sweet. We just made Zucchini chocolate chip cookies. Those look yummy, is it lunch time yet?! lol

Viooltje (Violet) said...

The snowman "ornament" is absolutely super adorable!
What a lovely design.
;o)

I put the recipe link in my sidebar.
The muffins look delicious and the photo is beautyful, I can almost smell them.
;o)

gazette94 said...

Thank you for your visit on my blog . Yours is wonderful, I love all your cross stitch projects ! Congratulations !!

Laural said...

Great finish! I love snowmen.
Your muffins sound delicious!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to stop in at your blog to thank you for your kind comments and then stayed to scroll back admiring all the ornaments in your ornament challenge ... what discipline you must have!! I think well of myself if I manage one ornament a month ... I just couldn't and wouldn't give up stitching on other projects ... I need the variety of different types of projects: BAPs, medium size projects, smalls of all kinds [though I dote on biscornus], other types of embroidery [free-style, needlepoint, etc], sewing and so on and so on and so on.

Myra said...

Another lovely ornament! What do you know?- I just picked a huge zucchini from my garden today. My DH is a big fan of chocolate so I might have to give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing!

Deb said...

How can anyone resist your darling ornaments?
Have to try your muffin recipe! I'm off to see "Julia..." the movie today with friends. :)

Maggitle said...

You just made me laugh out loud because of the way you changed the recipe! Your muffins look delicious and I love all your stitching!
:)))))

boysmum2 said...

Our zucchini are going mental at present, so any recipes to use them up with is always useful, specially if it is a sweet recipe, thanks