Sunday, March 27, 2022

A joyous Christmas finish!

Only five days left until April! Can you believe it? Well, I certainly can't; here in my part of Pennsylvania we've had a frigid weekend that, sadly, included more snow. This morning I woke up to a fresh inch... Not much accumulation, but, honestly--we've had enough of the white stuff this year. Many of you are sharing photos of spring blooms and flowering trees and I have to admit to being just a bit envious. Our daffodil shoots are finally sprouting, but that's it. How are things in your part of the world?

Do you remember when I wrote that I'd really like to stitch some larger pieces for Christmas this year in addition to my normal ornaments? Well, I'm thrilled to share my first "big" one of 2022: "A Joyous Christmas" by Birds Of a Feather. The amazing thing, is that this wasn't even one I ever dreamed of stitching because the chart is so hard to find. But, you all know about the kindness and generosity of our stitching community, don't you? A fellow stitcher all the way across the country offered--yes, offered--to let me borrow hers. I didn't even ask her! I was truly touched... 

Birds of a Feather "A Joyous Christmas"

Don't you look at it and just smile? I sure do!  I honestly think I loved stitching this piece more than any I've done (well, except for the gold metallic threads that I put off  'til the very end!). Each little figure and bird and lamb was so enjoyable! I love the expressions on the faces and the simple, folk art appearance of the entire design.

A Wise Man and a shepherd with his flock of lambs

The gold metallic threads are in portions of the star, the angels' trumpets, and the  gifts of the Wise Men. There isn't a lot of it, just enough to make the whole piece shine (and to make me understand why I don't stitch with metallic threads unless I have to!).

The angels rejoice with the Holy Family

 

"A Joyous Christmas" is stitched on 40 ct. vintage country mocha Newcastle linen with a variety of overdyed threads and DMC. For the most part, I stuck to the suggested colors, but there were a few changes, most notably to Mary's hair (I darkened it from blonde to Weeks Dye Works Charcoal) and the wording which I also did in WDW Charcoal. I also changed the paler skin tones to DMC 950. And I just had to add a comma after the word "earth!"

Two more Wise Men arrive bearing gifts

 

Rather than stitching the year in each upper corner as was charted, I substituted snowflakes. I am truly thrilled with how this one turned out and I can't wait to get it framed. 

Peace on earth, good will toward men

 

The same stitcher who let me borrow the nativity scene chart, lent me the BOAF "Christmas Angel Ornaments" chart as well, so I'll be stitching a couple of these pretty angels very soon. 

Which angel should I stitch first? I'm leaning toward the Peace one for obvious reasons.

I'm not sure if the kind stitcher who shared these BOAF charts with me reads my blog (I know her from Instagram), but I hope she knows just how much I truly appreciate her kindness and generosity. Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

So, on to my next big Christmas piece--what will it be? 

Freebies for Spring and Easter... I've had many requests for older freebies that I've previously stitched and shown on my blog. Some I can help with, others I can't... My advice when it comes to freebies is to immediately print them off or save a copy to your computer because, often, the pages that contain them are taken down. I was recently asked what advice I would give to a new stitcher and that would be to start with something small. I've seen several people take on a mammoth project only to be turned off by the sheer size of it and decide they don't enjoy stitching at all!  I assume most of you who read "Stitching Dreams" are already stitchers, but perhaps you have a friend or family member who would like to get started? In that case, one of these twelve Spring and Easter themed freebies linked below might be perfect:

Spring Bunny Freebie by Annie Beez Folk Art 

Easter Delivery by Shannon Christine Designs 

Spring Freebies by Whilst Iris Naps 

Happy Easter by La Comtesse & Le Point de Croix 

Hoppy Easter by The Nebby Needle 

Spring by Sylvia's Kreuzstich Liebe 

Waiting for Spring by My Happy Memories 

Easter 2 by Aliolka Design 

Spring Chick Crock by Pinker n Punkin 

Easter Bunny by Tiny Modernist 

Carrot Patch by Cosmic Handmade 

Happy Easter by amintkipattan.blogspot 

There are many more Spring and Easter themed free cross stitch charts out there--just use Google to search for them. Happy spring stitching! 

Giveaway winner... I had quite a few entries for the charming Spring House Trio chart. Unfortunately, some of you forgot to include your email address. I need your email as I have no way of contacting the winner if you don't have your own blog. Anyway, the name pulled from the hat as the winner of Spring House Trio is...

Carolyn K. 

Congratulations, Carolyn! Please email me with your mailing address and I'll get the chart off to you as soon as possible.  

 

So, who would like to win the cute Little House Needleworks "Spot of Coffee" chart shown below? (This was also a gift from the generous Janet in Texas who told me I could use it as a giveaway. Thank you again, Janet!). I am not a coffee drinker (although I do love coffee flavored things, especially ice cream)! How about you? If you'd like to win this chart: 

1) Specifically mention that you would like to win the chart in your comment 

2) Be a follower in my blog's sidebar (to the right)

3) Make sure to leave your email address in your comment if I don't already have it--(this is very important as I have no way of getting in touch with the winner if you don't)

4) Answer the "Getting to Know You" question below.

 

If you would like to win this chart, please follow the guidelines listed above.


Getting to Know You... I thoroughly enjoyed reading your answers to the previous "Getting to Know You" question about whether you saved things from your childhood. Thank you so much for participating! I love getting to know my readers! My question for today is: "Are you a picky eater?" Oh, boy, I'm hanging my head in shame here. Sadly, I've never outgrown my picky eater phase and those darn green vegetables still torment me. I'll eat just about any other color vegetable (I even love beets!), but those green-hued veggies like spinach, broccoli, asparagus, and Brussels sprouts are something I just can't swallow even though I'm in my late 60s! How about you? Is there a food that you just can't eat?

We had a wonderful visit with Mister B and his family last week who were here to celebrate my oldest son's 40th birthday. I still can't believe I have a son that old! I remember my early 40s very well as that is the age I returned to work at the library (after a ten year "vacation" when my sons were growing up) and we remodeled our entire house from top to bottom (while living in it complete with three extremely busy boys and one very lively black cat!). 

This is the cake I made my son for his birthday--a decadent flourless chocolate cake that I've shared with you before in this post. You can find the recipe for the cake here and the recipe for the chocolate glaze right here (I only made half of the glaze since this is just a one layer cake).

To decorate it, I simply printed off some cute sayings from the internet and attached them to wooden skewers. A pretty doily helped make the lacy looking design of powdered sugar around the edge of the cake.

 

Mister B's vocabulary is exploding each day and there was nothing better than seeing his giant smile and hearing him greet us each time we walked into a room! He loved following us around and "helping" with this or that and he had the best time playing with that giant basket of Matchbox and Hot Wheel cars I had saved from my sons' childhoods. We'll be seeing him again in just a few weeks--can't wait!

Mister B learns how to attach a new license plate!
 

So, that wraps up another month. One third of the year 2022 is over...  I do  hope that the next time I check in with you the weather is warmer and the world is heading toward a more peaceful existence. Take care now and thank you for visiting me today! I'm so happy to welcome all of you new followers, too. Bye for now...

54 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh Carol, A Joyous Christmas is just darling! I love it! The Angels are wonderful! :) You already know which one I would start with. ;)

Fábrica de artesanía said...

Lovely works. It will be interesant to give us the name of your Instagram's friend. I would want to follow her there.

Kisses.

Robin in Virginia said...

Carol, your Christmas sampler is gorgeous. Simply gorgeous! I vote for Peace or Hope as the ornament to start with. Glad you had a wonderful weekend with Mr. B and celebrating your son's birthday!

I am a picky eater. While I do like spinach, broccoli and asparagus, I'm not a fan of Brussel sprouts. Much of my pickiness has to do with texture and definitely there are holdovers from childhood.

The daffodils are blooming alongside the roadways and the trees are starting to bud. Many of the Bradford Pear trees are blossoming.

Enjoy the remaining days of March!

Robin C said...

Good Sunday morning from Virginia. The cold weather has come back again so I hope you don't get more snow. Love the Nativity design. It will be wonderful to look at during the holidays. I too am a picky eater thanks to a funny stomach. I like food but it doesn't always like me. So I tend to cook everything. I think its additives. Well I would love to win the coffee chart. Who doesn't love coffee. Also thinks for the small Spring links. I'm always looking for cute seasonal things to stitch.

Kigwit said...

I just love the Christmas sampler. It is so sweet and you will enjoy it so much.

I'm not a picky eater except for lima beans and things like liver. No way! I love most vegetables and was a vegetarian for fifteen years.

I like the coffee piece too but I sure can't drink it at night!LOL

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

" A Joyous Christmas" i beautiful, well done. I would start with the Peace angel first, its very poignant xxx

Beth said...

What a lovely stitch Carol. I love that designer's style and am fortunate to own all of her critter series - Busy as a Bee, etc.

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Beautiful nativity scene, Carol!
She has been beautiful.
I would also start with the angel of peace.
I'm glad you enjoyed these days with your family so much.
Kisses from Spain

Maggie said...

What a beautiful finish Carol, I like the angel charts too, and yes, the peace angel would be a great one to stitch first.
My eldest daughter will be 40 this Christmas and like you I am amazed, lol It seems only a few years ago I was celebrating my 40th!
I can't believe all the snow you've been getting, and -7!! We are in for a change in the weather this coming week but it has been lovely to see the sun and things popping up in the garden, I hope you will soo see dancing daffodils and signs of better weather.
In answer to your question this time, yes, I'm a picky eater, I wouldn't have said so a few years ago but then if you list all the foods I don't like, I suppose I am, too many to list here but I love most veg, (love sprouts), not so much a fan of fruit, as much as I've tried I just cannot eat cucumber or an orange!

Have a great week x

Barbara Y. said...

I love reading about all your projects and fun times with family. I would like to win a Spot of Coffee chart. I do like coffee, learned to like it back in my college days about fifty years ago. I'm lucky to be able to drink it anytime of the day or night. I will confess to be a picky eater. I'm not a fan of meat and now that my husband has passed on and all my children are grown I can substitute with eggs and cheese. I do have to eat a bit of meat once a day per doctor's orders, but it is not a pleasant task. I love fruit! I also eat vegetables and especially like cabbage, green beans and brussels sprouts. I do not tolerate onions in any form or, unfortunately broccoli which used to be my favorite vegetable. I guess sometimes our bodies change as we grow older. Anyway, enough about me! Thank you so much for sharing pictures of your lovely projects and sharing with us.

Sandy said...

This is a wonderful Christmas stitch. IT will look lovely in your home at Christmas. Mr. B is so cute and time just flies by too fast these days. I have been looking at our family photo albums lately and my kids are all grown up but they will always be my little babies.
I am indeed a picky eater, Oh I can do the greens, but I have 3 things that I can't do which as you willl see limits a lot of dishes for me. Now, the first one is just plain gross and of course, Mother loved it...LIVER. The other two are ingredients in far too many dishes. Mayonnaise and vinegar. I hate both and can spot then in my super sensitive taste buds immediately. Yes, I eat salad but like a rabbit - dry:)
Enjoy your time in the Florida sun for at least I hope it will be sunny for you.

Donna said...

Hi Carol! I am a new follower and a new stitcher. Thank you for the list of freebies. I have completed two small so far. I’m watching videos all the time to learn more. I would like to win the coffee sampler for when I “graduate “ up to a more challenging piece to complete.
I am not as picky as I use to be. I eat many more vegetables than I did growing up. Of course there are still some I don’t like (Brussel sprouts, artichokes).
Don’t feel bad, my spring bulbs are just coming up too. I live in Upstate NY. dputnam28@yahoo.com
Donna

Cathy H. said...

Carol, your Nativity piece is so precious! It does make me smile!! How nice of someone to lend you the chart and the one for the angels. Peace is the perfect one to stitch first.

I'm not so much of a picky eater. I don't like Chinese food except for Sweet and Sour Chicken. Don't care too much for asparagus and Brussel sprouts either. Oh, and I feel unamerican, but I don't like Oreo cookies!

Spring has definitely arrived here. I'm headed to see thousands of tulips next week at a nearby botanical garden. I can't wait. Hopefully, spring will hurry your way!

Gail L. said...

Thank you for your incredible blog today. I’m fairly new to your group and I am so inspired by your finishes. I am also a very discerning (picky) eater. Absolutely despise Brussels Sprouts! Would love to win this pattern to stitch for my coffee-loving husband. I am a tea drinker and have been since I was a little girl. I also want to thank you for sharing the gluten free cake, as I’m extremely gluten intolerant. Have a wonderful day 😊. Gail (gailalinden@gmail.com)

marie said...

I'm not a really bad picky eater, just don't like beets or weird exotic foods. Coffee is my drink of choice, hot for breakfast and cold mocha during the day. I am a new stitcher and admire all your beautiful work.

mariebeers4@gmail.com

MartinaM said...

Your first Christmas motif is really beautiful, so many details, wonderful.
Oh yes, I would very much like to win the motif from LHN, I love their work very much.
Oh yes, I also have a food I don't like - fish, although it's just healthy, I don't like it. I rarely eat it, and only a certain one. But I don't need it, my son and my husband love it, in all variations.
How big Mister B is now and how nice that he is interested in so many things, that's good. You can tell how much you enjoy the time with him. I hope and wish that you have countless more years with the little man.
Enjoy your time.
Martina

Manuela said...

Hello Carol,
your Christmas stitching is wonderful. What a great chart.
I like your new giveaway. I don't like fish. I love eat broccoli and spinat.
I like your little storys about Mister B. Enjoy the time with him.
Have a nice week. Manuela

butterfly said...

I love your new Christmas stitch it's so cute , and made me smile.
I love working on large designs but also work on a bag of smalls I can just pick up for a moment that I have spare in the day .
Happy Birthday to your son. Lovely cake.
I am very picky with food and seem to get worse with age, I like roasted veg , but I don't like greens , but I eat more fruit and soft fruit like dates and also love walnuts .
I am sure your weather will pick up soon.
Have a great week hugs June

Marilyn said...

The weather here is back & forth also.
1 warm day, then back to cold & snow flurries.
I want to get outside & clean up.
Joyous Christmas is so cute, congrats on your finish.
I would do the peace Angel too, well, it's blue!
Thanks for all of the freebie links.
I like most veggies, but I hate sauerkraut!
Love cabbage, but not kraut, it's sour!
Mister B is too cute helping Grandpa. :)
That's a cute idea for a cake.
Marilyn

Kyle said...

Joyous Christmas truly is Joyous. Your work is always beautiful.

ndavis said...

I so enjoy your blog posts. Love your stitching. Your pieces are always beautiful and your finishes give me new ideas on how to finish mine.
I would like to win the Spot of Coffee chart. I am a coffee drinker and my kitchen has a coffee motif, so it would fit in nicely.
ndavis2124@gmail.com

Mary said...

I think your Christmas sampler is so beautiful and I hope you frame it to have for next Christmas. It's really special.
I'm sick of winter, snowing and blustery winds today and so cold!!
I think the Peace angel would be my selection, we surely need peace in the world and appropriate for these days.
Thank you for all the free patterns listed, I know that took quite a bit of effort to do and is appreciated.
I will never eat eggs, liver, anchovies, okra and things like pigs feet, tongue, tripe. That's all I can think of that I won't eat. I am far from a picky eater!

Mary said...

Forgot to add, the cake looks great and a terrific idea for decorating it! So glad you got to spend time with Mr. B!! I bet he loved playing with his dads toys.

Connie Schofield said...

I am NOT a picky eater. I love almost any food. I love coffee (it's brewing now) and would love to get the coffee chart. I love all Manger scenes and really like yours. The cake looks beautiful. I have a milkglass cake plate also. My oldest daughter turned 40 on March 8. We had a big birthday for her. I'm signing up for your blog and am looking forward to reading it.

Connie Schofield said...

Connie_schofield@hotmail.com

Christel said...

Quelle belle broderie pour Noël. Ce modèle est plein de douceur et tout en simplicité, j'aime beaucoup ce style.
Effectivement, compte tenu de l'actualité si triste, comme vous je pense que le premier des anges à broder est celui de la paix....
Merci pour les liens vers les freebies pour Pâques. Lorsque j'ai commencé à broder il y a 25 ans, c'était un petit modèle, un vase et une fleur... J'avais alors mis plus d'une semaine à le faire...
Bravo Carolyn, vous allez vous régaler à broder ce joli trio de maisons.
C'est très gentil d'offrir ce joli LHN sur le thème du café.
J'aime tous les légumes y compris les verts :-), par contre plus je vieillis et moins je peux avaler de viande... Je me force à en manger une fois par semaine et cela me suffit largement.
Comme je comprends votre bonheur de recevoir votre petit-fils. Notre petite Lara est venue passer quelques jours avec nous, elle reviendra aux prochaines vacances.
Amitiés de France,
Christel
http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Gorgeous stitching,Carol.Your Christmas finish is stunning.
I like the Aliolka designs.I have stitched some in the past.The Easter one is sweet.Thank you for listing the designs.

Our elder son was 41 yesterday and it was Mothering Sunday here in the uk too.I got lots of hugs:) and this year we were able to see each other on his birthday,unlike last year:(

I am not keen on fish.I eat fresh salmon and will eat some white fish,but the oily fish which is good for me I cannot abide.I eat everything else though. Over the years I realised that we all taste differently and react to texture differently and ofcourse our tastes change with time.
We saw our grandchildren in Germany at the beginning of this month and met our eight month old grandson for the first time.It was wonderful.
It is really lovely that you can see Mister B,so much more now.

Lesley :)

Alhana said...

Congratulations on your latest finish and your son's birthday! Friends are a treasure on Earth indeed. That's a design I'd love to stitch someday —and if that day comes I'll make sure to stitch the comma too! ;-)

Regarding your 'Getting to know you' question... yes, I'm a picky eater! The list of forbidden food is so long that I'm ashamed to share it.

Enjoy spring, snow will soon melt and flowers will bloom instead!

Kgirl said...

What beautiful stitching and such a sweet friend! Today is sunny but the temperature was 21 degrees this morning when I left for school. It's supposed to be up to 72 degrees Wednesday but lots of rain. That's some crazy weather. I used to be a picky eater. I am more adventurous now, but I like what I like. Ha! Sweet mister B.....what joy!

Jill said...

The daffs are still in the sprouting stage in Michigan and some are sprinkled with snowflakes. Lovely larger cross-stitch piece. Angels are adorable. Thank you for the tempting freebie links. I’m a kindred picky eater, however I have acquired a taste for some green veggies. I hope you like salads. Ironic that the previous post was all about green. Lol. Charming decorated one-layer flourless cake. I may borrow the internet sticker idea. What a nice family b’day weekend. It’s harder to believe when a grown child turns 50. May peace hurry up.

marly said...

Pretty darn cold today! My goodness how your little guy is growing.

Your adornments on the cake are great. Always creative.

Never saw those little angels, so sweet. Glad you were offered a chart loan, beautiful design.

Eva H. said...

I have to admit that I haven't visited blogs for a while.I was kind of depressed about everything that was happening around us. I will make more time to read all your sites.
Have a great day and I'll be back soon Eva

Irene said...

Adoro i tuoi ricami di Natale, a volte si ha voglia di fare qualcosa di più grande. La comunità delle ricamatrici è qualcosa di meraviglioso, sempre disponibili e gentili!

Anonymous said...

I would love to be considered for the prize! Beautiful nativity scene stitching. thanks for including changes you made. Rhubarb73@comcast.net Barb from Wolverine Lake MI :)

Anonymous said...

My answer to your question - not really a picky eater, my husband likes to say we never have the same thing twice. I don't cook with cucumbers or green peppers, but that is about it for pickiness. consider me for the drawing :) thanks. Barb from Wolverine Lake MI rhubarb73@comcast.net

Barbara said...

ALL of your stitching is joyous. Always. It is always a treat to see your completed projects. I really like the Nativity you've completed. The Santas are fun, to be sure, but seeing the Nativity-related patterns especially pleases me.

Vicki said...

What a pretty finish!
I am a very picky eater... I blame it on growing up in the midwest! hahaha
What names has Mister B chosen for you guys now that he's verbal?

diamondc said...

Carol: What fun this post is, congratulations to Carolyn K.
Your Nativity design is beautiful, the fabric choice is perfect, how lovely to have someone lend you the design, in the blog world there are so many sweet bloggers.
Thank-you for the freebie links.
Mister B is adorable, happy 40th to your son, the cook looks yummy.
WE have sleet/snow today icky.

Catherine

Faith... said...

I love Joyous Christmas! You stitched it beautifully. As for the Angels I think you should stitch Peace first because this world is in terrible need of that. Some nights watching the news makes me cry. Very good advice for the stitching newbies! I save all my freebies and purchased pdf files to an external hard drive with the hope that I will never run out of space (it has a large capacity)! That way they won't clog up my laptop and make it run slower. Yes I am a very picky eater and unfortunately I have passed it down to my children and my grandson! Imagine trying to take four picky eaters out to a restaurant for a nice meal! LOL Thanks for the freebie links; I will have to take a peek at some later - you can never have enough charts to stitch!

Barb said...

Oh Carol, that is a lovely Christmas design. I agree that it has a folk art quality. Looks like you had a wonderful family birthday. Just wait till a child turns 50, now that really made me feel old!! Your little grandson is so cute!! It is wonderful that they are a bit closer!!

Mary said...

Oh the Birds of a Feather angel ornament!!! I'm on the hunt for this one (it's not like I need another pattern). It's darling, and I'm looking forward to seeing your finish on these cuties.

Leonore Winterer said...

A Christmas finish in March - and it's a really great one too, congratulations! And thanks for all the pretty Easter freebies, I saved a couple of them.
I also realized that I must have missed a post from you somewhere, so I'll have to get back and check that :)
As for your question - I used to be a picky eater, but since the pandemic I started cooking lunch myself more often, and 'learned' to love a lot of veggies I never liked before. I still can't eat raw tomatoes though (it's something about the texture) and I don't eat 'weird' cuts of meat (like liver, heart or tongue).
The cake for your son looks amazing! Being stuck at home with covid I didn't get a real cake this year, but we ordered some donuts and those were delicious as well.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That sampler is lovely, I adore the expressions on their faces! What a generous person to lend you the charts.
I was so excited to read that you don't eat green vegetable, me neither! It's so rare to find someone with that specific dislike. I think there is a chemical which tastes bad to the more discerning palate. I do dislike the phrase "picky eater" though, its discerning not picky. Some people have a more sophisticated sense of taste than others and can detect minor differences in foods that many people simply don't notice.
Like Leonore, I am selective about textures too. But I have a healthy appetite and enjoy my food. My Mum always used to say "either eat it or not, don't pingle with it" meaning don't push it about the plate not eating it! There was always someone else at the table who would eat it! We couldn't afford to waste food giving us things we didn't like. There was always egg on toast or a sandwich if you really didn't like any of the main course,

Barbara from Kansas said...

Hi Carol,

I would love to win the coffee themed cross-stitch since I enjoy my coffee. I quilted a small table topper with coffee-themed fabric, so the stitchery would be a perfect accompaniment to the quilt. I was never a picky eater until it came to liver. My Mom tried to disguise liver by telling me it was schnitzel. I refused to eat it, and I had to sit at the table for a long time before my Mother finally gave up on me eating it.Thank you for the links to all the freebie spring/Easter patterns.

Barbara from Kansas at hiemstra.barbara@gmail.com


Shelly said...

Joyous Christmas looks super! That is one chart that a few people on a unicorn hunting site are looking for. The weather in my part of the world has been like a see saw; it gets warm and then it gets chilly. The allergies are off the chart with the Juniper pollen too. Me B is getting big! I join you in being a picky eater! Mystery meat-if I don't know what kind of meat that is, I ain't eating it! I cannot swallow Lima beans! From a young age to adult, I will gag on those beans. Lucky, my mom only cooked them a couple times a year.

Jennifer said...

Congrats on your Joyous Christmas finish - it is really great! We have had a cool spring here too, but our daffodils are out - I love the pop of color when I look out the back window, although I also see a lot of work that needs to be done in the yard and garden. As to your question, I grew up with a very picky eater (my dad) and I think as a result I eat a lot of foods. The one thing I don’t like is condiments - blech! Looks like you had a fun birthday weekend celebrating your son!

Robin said...

Carol, Another great post. Joyous Christmas is just stunning. And the angels from Birds of a Feather are darling. Yes, our children grow up. I had a come-uppance the other day when my daughter told me she is having hot flashes! My daffodils are up but I did have to quick cut them and bring them in before the ‘hard frost’ the weather man predicted. As for being a picky eater, not me. Liver and tripe are about the other things I won’t eat. And the scale shows it! LOL. So much fun with little Mister B.

Christine said...

Thank you for posting the Spring freebies with their links. Your Jouous Christmas is beautiful. Well done. I found you through Two Grateful Stitchers on Youtube.

Christine from Ontario, Canada

The Pokey Little Pineapple said...

I would love the "spot of coffee" chart. Thanks for the opportunity. I am not a picky eater. After traveling to Asia I have tried many foods I thought I might have a problem with and find It's mind over matter. But I draw the line at sea cucumber. Just looking at the slime turns my stomach. What I would do to be able to stitch Oh Joyous Christmas! Lovely and difficult to come by chart. I tried looking online and decided I would need to content myself with another nativity pattern.

The Pokey Little Pineapple said...

the.pokey.little.pineapple@gmail.com

Katie said...

It's been cold and snowy a bit here in Northern Indiana too. We get glimpses of nice weather and then right back to the bad haha. Oh I love your big finish. Looks beautiful indeed. Please don't enter me into your drawing. I'm not a coffee drinker either. I am not a picky eater. I love having a no thank you helping and then sometimes what I think I didn't like before I now found out I like. Meatloaf was one. My grandma made it and I just hated it. But when my step mom makes it I love it. Guess it's the recipe and how she makes it. Who knows. Still not something I'm making myself.

Mary's Thread said...

I'm catching up on my commenting, Carol! I can't comment from my phone where I faithfully read your blog, but here I am catching up from my computer on this less busy afternoon!

I love the BOAF Nativity. It is SO charming. I'm glad you had the chance to stitch it. I too would love to stitch those angels. I wonder if I will ever get the chance? It's ok if not, I am blessed with many lovely stitches!

Now for getting to know me...I am not a picky eater. And I love vegetables. I believe the adage, there are no bad vegetables, just badly prepared vegetables. :) That said, asparagus is not my favorite. If I had a choice, asparagus would be my last choice after all the other popularly unpopular veggies such as lima beans, spinach, and Brussels sprouts. And I've never had okra! But I hear it is slimy so maybe I wouldn't be a fan of that! And speaking of being not picky, I am willing to try many things, EXCEPT, even though I studied French, I never was able to bring myself to eats snails or frog's legs when I was given the opportunity!

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for that pattern for awhile any idea where I could find it

gardeningdiva said...

Oh, my goodness! I have looked for the pattern, Joyous Christmas Nativity, forever! I know it is out of print, but I have never been able to find a copy. Your stitching is beautiful!!