Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Two small finishes and another family wedding

Happy November! It's only been three weeks since my last post, but it seems like a lot longer since I've visited with you, doesn't it? Since then, there's been some stitching, some traveling, some new recipes being tried, and now I'm getting ready for my favorite thing in the world--a visit with my little grandson this weekend. I really can't put into words how wonderful it is having him here on the East Coast. I know, I know... for many of you a four hour drive sounds horrible, but, honestly, it feels so easy after our day-long travels to San Diego, California all those years. Like many things in life... it's all relative!

I have a couple of finishes to share with you today... The first one may surprise you because I'm not a coffee drinker at all! But, this one is not for me--it was stitched as a birthday gift for my dear daughter-in-law who is. She has a small corner spot in her new kitchen which is perfect for her coffee/tea station and I thought this little piece would be a nice addition to the tiered tray she has on display there. This is called "Coffee First" and is another charming design by one of my favorite designers, With Thy Needle and Thread. 

My finish of "Coffee First" by With Thy Needle and Thread

For this piece, I used 40 ct. vintage country mocha Newcastle linen using a combination of DMC and overdyed threads. The main changes I made were to change the hair and skin colors to resemble my daughter-in-law a bit more (although she certainly doesn't dress like that little woman--ha ha!) and I used a different color of thread for the dress. I changed it to Gentle Arts "Blue Jay" using the darker blue portion of the skein for the skirt and the lighter blue portion for the blouse. The other change I made was to add a comma after the word "first." Here is a close-up for you:

Don't you love those tiny shoes?!
 
 
To finish it into a little pillow for the tiered tray I added two coordinating fabrics, a jute bow, and a covered button. When making pillows for tiered trays I like to add a bit of accent fabric to the bottom to raise it up from the tray so the design is clearly visible. I love the twisty vines of coffee beans sprouting from the giant cup, don't you? And if anyone is wondering about those tasty looking Banana Carrot Muffins in the first  photo, you can find the recipe linked in this post from August.
 
 

 

My other finish is my ornament for October which is a delightful freebie that can be found on my friend, Melisa's, "Pinker n Punkin" blog post right here. I love the fact that not only will this adorn my Christmas tree, but it can be displayed all winter long. It is called Winter Saltbox and is one of a series of saltbox freebies that she has designed. I know I'll be stitching a few more in the future!  Of course, the beautiful blue house is what drew me to this one immediately. Isn't it sweet? I love how it turned out--thank you so much, Melisa, for sharing your talent so generously with all of us stitchers!

My finish of "Winter Saltbox"

I did make a few changes to the colors, stitched the cardinals "over one," added more snowflakes, used satin stitch on the snowman's hatband, changed the door to red, and used smyrna stitches for the snowman's eyes and buttons. The colors of blue I used in the house and stars are DMC 930 and 931. Here is a close-up so you can better see the tiny birds...

Teeny cardinals stitched "over one" on 40 ct. linen

The only other stitching news I have is that, after two years, our little group of four friends was able to reunite for our mini-retreat last weekend. We rented an old 19th century era farmhouse in Ohio and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves... stayed up way too late, ate way too much, and stitched and chatted and laughed the entire time. The very first year we did this was 2010 according to my blog records and we've only missed one year since (I think!) due to Covid. If you aren't one for huge and sometimes expensive cross stitch retreats (those aren't for me!), I highly recommend this method of renting an Airbnb with a few close friends for a few days and having a mini-retreat!

Our third and final family wedding of 2021 took place in late October in a city I'd never been to before: Louisville, Kentucky. Actually, I had only been in the state of Kentucky once in my life and that was for a work trip my church youth fellowship group took when I was about 12 years old. We traveled all the way from New York state to a very rural KY  community to undertake various projects to help them out. As I recall, I was on the committee to paint the inside of the church. Yikes! Not sure how they turned a group of junior high kids loose and let them paint the church, but they did. I wonder if they had to repaint it after we left :) 

Anyway, Louisville was a very interesting city and I wish we had had more time to spend there. It was a real treat as all of my sons were there along with my daughter-in-law, my middle son's girlfriend, my youngest son's girlfriend, and my grandson. As always, we rented an Airbnb where we could all stay together--so much more enjoyable than being stuck in individual hotel rooms (not to mention less expensive!). The house was an old 1900 era Victorian house with lots of charm: very high ceilings, unique fireplaces and tile, and a steep carved staircase. In the kitchen, there was a mural of the house painted on one wall and that was the first time I noticed the owl perched on the top of the house. What a fun addition to the roofline of this old home. It was plenty big for the nine of us and we would definitely return.

The city of Louisville is the largest city in Kentucky and the 29th most populous in the U.S. It would have been fun to explore more of the city, but with the wedding and (rainy, chilly, outdoor!) reception taking up most of Saturday, we didn't have much free time. We did spend Sunday morning visiting the Big Four Bridge, an 1895 railroad bridge which connects the cities of Louisville in Kentucky with Jeffersonville in Indiana. The Ohio River, which runs under the bridge, is at its widest point (one mile wide) just north of Louisville. In 2013, the Big Four Bridge was converted into a pedestrian/bike route so we decided to make the 2-mile round trip trek on Sunday morning morning. Although the clouds threatened rain, we still enjoyed great views of the skyline and the other bridges that traversed the Ohio River. 

View of the Louisville skyline from the Big Four Bridge

My family beginning the hike across the bridge in the top photo. My grandson was in his stroller going over, but on the return trip he insisted on walking most of the way!

A very curious toddler fascinated by the bark of this tree in the park near the Big Four Bridge. He's getting big, isn't he? I sure wish I could slow time down...

After one half of the family departed for the airport for their flights back to Washington, DC, the rest of us (my husband, middle son, and his girlfriend), enjoyed a hike through nearby Cave Hill Cemetery. I have always enjoyed strolling through cemeteries for some reason--I find them to be very tranquil and they seem to help me simply relax and slow down. Now, I don't think I'd feel the same way if I were walking through a cemetery at night!

The leaves were just beginning to change in the cemetery

This trio of cherubs marked three members of the same family who died before the age of one. So very sad...

Some cypress knees growing alongside a peaceful lake

The more unusual gravestones always fascinate me. Remarking on the one in the lower left, I said to my husband, "Look--there's one that looks like a tree." He said, "That's because it is a tree." When we went to investigate--no! It was a very, very realistic looking sculpture!

The most famous inhabitant of Cave Hill Cemetery is the boxer, Muhammad Ali. I was expecting a grand monument, but his grave was actually quite simple and tasteful.

Brightly colored autumn leaves were beginning to carpet the grass in some places. Glad I don't have to rake a cemetery!

So, that's it for the family weddings for this year--whew! We drove to all three weddings (in New York, Connecticut, and Kentucky) for a total of over 2400 miles. Honestly, I'm welcoming the next six months of being able to cozy up at home with an occasional visit to see my grandson in Maryland. I think I'm just plain worn right out. But, it truly was wonderful seeing members of both sides of the family after the long Covid-enforced separations.

I do have a couple of recipes to share with you today--both quite healthy! Like many of you, I'm trying to cut back on sugar and lately find myself attracted to more savory than sweet foods. But, this cookie recipe was quite unusual in that there is no added sugar. In fact it can be made with just two ingredients: oatmeal and bananas! I did add the optional cinnamon, walnuts, and raisins that the recipe mentioned and they were quite a tasty treat. Definitely had a different texture, but for anyone trying to cut back on sugar and eat healthier, I can highly recommend these. You can find the recipe right here.

Healthy Banana-Oatmeal Cookies

I took some of my lentil soup to our recent cross stitch retreat and everyone loved it so I thought I'd share that recipe here on my blog, too. This is from the cookbook by Lorraine Wallace called "Mr. Sunday's Soups"--a great book filled with many delicious sounding soup recipes. You can find the recipe right here. I followed it exactly as written except I omit the green pepper (which my husband and I really don't care for at all!). 

I love making and freezing a big pot of lentil soup in portions for winter dinners!

 

I'll leave you with this little pumpkin at Halloween. I know I'm a bit partial, but isn't he adorable? He looks just a bit unsure of what the day was all about as he prepared to carve pumpkins with mommy and daddy. He's got an ever-present car in his one hand--can't seem to go anywhere without one these days!

My lil' punkin!

So, next up is Thanksgiving. We are not hosting it this year so I am only making two pies, a tray of cookies, and our traditional strawberry-pretzel salad. How about  you? I'll also be doing some last minute gift ornament stitching and trying to figure out how to display my Christmas tree with a very active 17 month old visiting for a week! Any suggestions? I'm so excited that everyone will be home for Christmas as we haven't all been together for the holiday since 2018! 

Enjoy this mild fall weather while you can... I've heard the typical cold November weather is moving in over the weekend. It's honestly been the nicest fall I can remember, hasn't it? Thank you for your visit today--hope I've given you a bit of inspiration or made you smile somewhere along the way. Take care now, everyone, and happy stitching! Bye for now...

40 comments:

Sandra said...


Well you have been doing a lot of things in a short period of time! I love your two new stitchig pieces, especially the blue house with snowman! I can feel you are completely besotted with your adorable grandson. So lovely that he's closer now.
Cemeteries can be peaceful places to walk through, except when our loved ones are buried there, especially beloved children.
Enjoy the rest of your month of November, especially your Granma time!

Marilyn said...

Coffee First turned out so nice.
I love Melisa's freebies, she's so generous.
Glad you got to go to a fun retreat.
Your little "Punkin" is too cute & growing fast!
Love his little bibs. :)
Take care.
Marilyn

butterfly said...


What a heart warming post.
Lovely stitching Carol love the Christmas one , and the coffee one is a lovely gift.
Love all the photos best one is of your GS.
You sound so busy take care and have lots of fun .
Big Hugs .

MartinaM said...

Oh how nice, but first Coffee is my thing - I love to drink coffee. Winter Saltbox is a pretty motif too, and your finishes are so great.
Thank you for the wonderful pictures, I enjoy seeing them and reading your reports on them.
It's slowly approaching the Christmas season and soon I'll start baking the cookies for the Advent plates, I'm looking forward to it.
Enjoy the time and take care of yourself.
Hugs Martina

Monique said...

Des coussins toujours aux finitions soignées, j'adore votre blog, encore un beau billet, bravo !

Vonnie said...

Such an enjoyable post. “Coffee First” is definitely me so that’s one I’ll need to do. I have the saltboxes ready to do as well and love how you finished it. Your grandson is truly precious and it’s wonderful that you’re so much closer to him now. Happy Thanksgiving, Carol.

Carolien said...

Hello Carol,

What a lovely post. Love your finishes and thank you for sharing these yummie recipes too!

xxx Carolien

Stasi said...

Carol, Your two finishes are so cute...you definitely lean towards blue colorways! Glad you enjoyed the wedding and more time with your grandson and family. Love the idea of a mini retreat with a few fellow stitchers. They just opened up some beautiful new log cabins at our local state park and I have that idea in the back of my mind! My hubby has earned free time there due to his volunteer work...so......hopefully I can find some open dates.

Vickie said...

What a sweet gift for Olivia. I love those tiny cardinals on the Winter Saltbox piece. Good for you enjoying your stitcher's retreat. I have never done one of those. That lentil soup looks fabulous. I have saved the link. Thank you.

Arlene G said...

Those ornaments are adorable but the coffee one is my fav as I am a big coffee drinker as well. We lived in Louavul when our children were small. Marvin taught at U of L. And we often took our children to Cave Hill cemetery to walk and get rid of some preschooler energy. Charles was born there as a matter of fact but we made sure our hospital was on the southern side of the Mason Dixon Line that runs through the city.:) I did love living in Louisville but on a prof's salary it was hard. That is why Marvin took a job in Huntsville in the defense industry. Little B is getting tall and good for him, walking across the bridge. That is a feat! I am sure just being in the same house with him was such a treat for you.

Kay said...

The Winter Saltbox is lovely, thank you for the link. X

Robin in Virginia said...

Both of your stitches are darling. My favorite is the house with the stars by Melisa. It sounded (and looked) like you had a wonderful time in Kentucky with your family and for the wedding. My suggestion for the tree would be something like the free standing pet gates/surrounds that are out there. Happy Wednesday, Carol!

sandi s said...

I love your cross stitch projects, they are beautiful! I love her little salt box houses too! I’ve been to Louisville also, it has some very interesting areas. Your little pumpkin is adorable. They grow way to fast. My little grandson is 5 and I just can’t slow the growing down�� Hugs,

Georgia said...

Oh Carol, I really enjoyed reading your blog post today. I love how you stitched and finished your ornaments. Melisa's little blue house is absolutely adorable. And the coffee ornament really made my day. I really liked reading about Louisville, I have been close by a time or two, but never in the city itself. Interesting. Baby B is adorable and growing so much and too fast! Thank you so much for sharing and am looking forward to trying the lentil soup. Have a blessed day my friend.

Sandy said...

That sweet little boy is a cute little pumpkin. I know you are thrilled to be able to see more often. I would have had to add that comma too:) Those little saltbox houses have caught my eye too. I have printed several of them out but have not started one yet, but that blue is adorable with the little cardinals. I am hosting Thanksgiving again this year. I am looking forward to it though after no family for Thanksgiving last year due to the ugly C. I am grateful for the time with family again. Enjoy that little one.

Christel said...

Oh comme je l'aime ce First Coffee, je vais essayer de me procurer ce modèle.
Melisa dont je suis également le blog nous offre toujours de merveilleux modèles, j'aime particulièrement ses saltbox. Ces petits maisons sont toutes ravissantes.
C'est une excellente idée que de louer une demeure à plusieurs amies, cela permet de se retrouver et de passer du temps en dehors de chez soi.
Merci de nous faire partager les photos de votre voyage à Louisville. BabyB a bien grandi en effet. Nous aimerions tous pouvoir ralentir le temps mais hélas nous n'avons pas de baguette magique... Je revois toujours ma petite-fille Lara bébé, la première fois que nous l'avions vu elle avait seulement 4 heures.. Maintenant elle a 9 ans.. Déjà !
La semaine passée nous avons appris par notre fils aîné et notre belle-fille que nous allions être grand-parents pour la deuxième fois. Lara pense qu'elle aura une petite sœur, nous verrons bien. Une chose est certaine nous sommes ravis. J'ai déjà commencé à faire quelques achats pour ce Baby 2.
Voilà une chose qui me rassure, je ne suis pas la seule à aimer me promener dans les cimetières.. (Le jour bien sûr) C'est apaisant, calme. Et j'aime aussi regarder les monuments funéraires.
C'est très bien de vouloir manger plus sainement. A la maison pas de problèmes là-dessus, nous ne mangeons pas très sucré (juste ce qu'il faut) et très peu de graisse également. Souvent je diminue la quantité de sucre dans les pâtisseries car je trouve que cela tue le goût de certains aliments, comme le sel d'ailleurs.
Quelle jolie petite citrouille, BabyB est tout mignon. Lara était déguisée en sorcière (gentille)..
Pas de Thanksgiving chez nous, nous attendons Noël. J'ai presque terminé les achats, je préfère éviter la foule du mois de décembre.
La fraîcheur est plus vive depuis quelques jours, j'espère que nous aurons encore quelques journées ensoleillées, car je déteste toujours autant le froid, le gel, la neige...
Amitiés de France,
Christel
http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

Amara said...

I loved this post, Carol. Your two stitched pieces are lovely and beautifully finished.
Thank you for sharing the recipes for the treats and the Soup.
I can totally relate to what you said about the tranquility on cemetarys.
Since the pandemic and our first Lockdown started, i began to going for a daily walk, to stay sane
and get fresh air on an old cemetary a few streets away. And the quietness there really helped to stay calm
and cleared my mind.
I loved hearing about your mini-retreat and it sounds so wonderful. I enjoy reading about the big cross stitch retreats,
but it‘s nothing for me too, cause so much people would be a little overwhelming for me and as you said, the costs
are really expensive.
Your little Pumpkin really made me smile.
Take care you too and enjoy your cozy time at Home.
Sending hugs
Amara

Toni said...

I love your blogs and your stitching, Carol! I live in northern KY (but not a native) and have been to Louisville a few times. Most people I know who live or have lived there really like it. From what I've read and seen on KET (KY PBS) there are several haunted houses in "old" Louisville. I hope your AirBNB wasn't one of them! Your grandson is adorable, and you're entitle to be as partial as you please!

Eva H. said...

We are a few minutes past midnight here.But I could tear my eyes away from reading your wonderful article and pictures.Your grandson is very cute.I have grandchildren and great grandchildren nearby our town.Only my middle son lives a little further away(I know it would be "around the corner" for you).
Carol,if you want to send me your mailing address, I'd love to send you my little handmade(embroidering) gift.
I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season.
Eva from Czech Republic

Jill said...

Hi Carol, The tray pillow is perfect for a coffee drinker! Smart to add a band of fabric so the design and wording shows up in the tray. The addition of the comma is perfect. Leave it to an English teacher and/or Librarian. KY is a pretty state with lots of history. How wonderful you all could be together for a happy occasion. Interesting house as your lodging. A stitching retreat in a home is something to ponder. Hope you can get caught up and some rest prior to the fast approaching holidays. You’ll need extra energy for visiting your cute ‘lil guy. Thanks for the update.

Katie said...

Oh I missed the blog world and the lovely Carol posts. Gorgeous finishes. Gorgeous stitching. Lovely happiness with your wonderful family. Just wonderful to read your post. Thanks for sharing.

Manuela said...

Hallo Carol,
both finishes are wonderful. I love them. Your blue houses inspiered me, to stitch a pattern in blue and not in red. I hope it works.
Thanks for sharing the photos from Kentucky.
Your little grandchild is very cute.
Have a nice weekend with your family.
Hugs Manuela

Vicki said...

Baby B (although he's not much of a baby anymore, is he?) is adorable! I'm so thrilled for you all that they're so close now. You have had a very busy year with lots of travel, I'm sure you are ready for some "at home" time. Cute finishes! Thanks for showing us Kentucky, I've never been there. I can't believe it's Thanksgiving in two weeks... where does the time go?

Maggie said...

Your grandson is growing so fast, and he is so cute in his little dungarees and pumpkin suit!
It almost goes without saying that your stitching and finishing is impeccable, as always :-) Great tip for adding the accent fabric at the bottom, now I would never have thought of that, so thank you :-)
That cemetery looks interesting, and yes, you would have thought Mohamed Ali would have something ornate and over the top, sometimes less is more though.

Judy said...

Your weekend is going to be so fun with your grandson! I am loving all your stitching and finishes, Carol - you are so talented! The saltbox reminded me of my husband's growing up house. Did you go on the mission trip with my brother? Seems like he went on one to rural Kentucky way back when. And the "Big Four" Bridge? Of course, you had to go there! My daughter loves going to cemeteries when she travels too. Can't wait to try your lentil soup - love soups!

Barb said...

Who is the best and cutest Pumpkin 🎃 in the world? I do believe your grandson wins the prize!, What a precious, adorable boy! Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures of him. I’m sure you’ll love your weekend visiting with him & his family. Thanks, too, for sharing your Louisville visit - sounds very interesting and very fun.
Your cross stitch finishes are wonderful (as they always are!). I don’t drink coffee either but my husband loves it so “coffee first” is very high on his list! The salt box house you stitched is wonderful - very special. The mini cross stitch retreat you shared with your stitching friends really sounds like a very fun, special time for all of you (and the lentil soup looks yummy!). I can imagine it was really fun to all get together after missing out in the last year or so.
Have fun with “Baby B” and your family!❣️

Jutta said...

Dear Carol!
Your two new embroideries have become quite magical, both "Coffee first" as well as "Winter Saltbox".
Thank you for the beautiful photos of your trip, your grandson is delightful and so sweet.
Tank you very much for this interested post and have a great weekend, Jutta

Faith... said...

I love the Coffee piece and we have a coffee/tea corner also with some little sayings like yours around it. The changes look great, I know she will love it! I know she is a busy lady but does she stitch or craft?

What a cute ornament! I will be going to save it and hopefully stitch it soon. For your tree of course breakables go on the top and anything he can reach should be something you don't mind him touching and/or getting dirty! Maybe even fasten it to the wall with some command strip hooks and well hidden rope or wire so he can't knock it over. Good luck what ever you do!

You have one cute pumpkin there and he certainly is growing fast! I have to agree with you that he is adorable!

Sherri said...

I see a lot of cuteness in your grandson! I'm sure you'll stitch many ornaments for him through the years. I love your two new stitches! I, too, am a fan of Pinker n Punkin's charts. I stitched A Cup Of Christmas Cheer and will stitch her Christmas Eve Saltbox...at some point. Interesting to see the tips for decorating the tree with a toddler. I remember telling them the lights were hot, so not to touch. It worked.
Enjoy your holidays!

agault08@yahoo.com said...

Can you please give names of patterns on your header? They are both lovely. Just found you this morning!! Enjoyed your posts!! Not heard of strawberry and pretzel salad!! Sounds delicious!!

leona said...

Another enjoyable post to read. Thank you for sharing with us. I look forward to each instalment . Your stitching is always so lovely. Your Christmas ornament is gorgeous and the coffee one, perfect for a coffee lover. So lovely to see your Grandson and he is growing up so quickly. Take care and keep enjoying your stitching.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the coffee design, I'm definitely a coffee drinker! The saltbox house is wonderful too.
Your little pumpkin grandson is adorable, I can see why you love spending time with him. I recommend a playpen fence around the tree. We have one that stretches across the living room to protect the TV, the wood burner and the tree!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh, Carol, your sweet little grandbaby is growing like a weed. I am so glad that he is much closer to you and you are able to visit. You have certainly been very busy and both of your stitches are so beautiful. I am so honored that you stitched Winter Saltbox and your changes are fabulous. The blues really pop on your gorgeous fabric. Thank you so much for stitching it and the sweetest shout out. I am very tempted by the sweet treats that you shared and yum Strawberry Pretzel salad sounds fabulous. Have a great weekend and a very Happy Thanksgiving

Mary said...

Carol, You certainly have been busy!! Glad to hear your going to be spending time with your adorable grandson, he is just precious!!
Love your stitches, I can't start my day without coffee and I'm sure your DIL was thrilled with the cute stitch. I love blue saltbox homes, I was just in Ct on the shore, love the old NE towns with beautiful homes like the stitch. I am a big fan of going to old cemeteries too!! I find the markers beautiful and I like seeing the old names, just hate seeing how many children passed so young. I am finally going to make your banana coffee cake today, have super ripe bananas! Will try the muffins next, your recipes are always so good!

Barbara said...

Thank you for the link to the Banana Oat cookie recipe. I MAY have made them (or something similar) years ago. I hope to try them soon.

Your Lil' Pumpkin is, indeed, VERY cute!

And Muhammad Alli's grave. That was interesting. What a beautiful city that is!

Ms. Wright said...

Love the two pieces you shared here, Care! Thanks for sharing all of the pics of your wedding excursion! Very cool— especially the house jn which you stayed.

Barb said...

Your Grandson is such a little doll. I would give a lot to be four hours from Caleb and Hannah so I understand how you feel. I will always be a long day from them and that is by plane. As my DH is getting older, those trips are less appealing! On to Louisville. I spent the 18 years before my retirement in that city. I loved your pictures. That bridge was not open for walking when we lived there but it was still a wonderful city. I actually like it much better than Seattle. Now I love Washington, but Seattle is so big and congested and full of crime that it is not a city I really enjoy. In fact we have not been over there since the Christmas season before covid started. Well, enjoy your family. Caleb never really bothered the tree so I can't offer any advice!

Alhana said...

I love your two newest ornaments and will be checking their designers blogs, of course. Although I am not a coffee drinker either this could make a perfect gift for someone who loves it. Thank you so much for sharing them!

Isn't it great that you enjoyed quality time with your family in such a beautiful house for the wedding and will be having them again for Christmas this year? I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well. :-)

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely stitching! Your two little pillows are adorable, especially the tiny little cardinals. I also envy you a little for your mini-retreat. If I had any stitchy friends living close by, that's something I'd consider doing for sure!
I'm glad you enjoyed your travels, but can also understand you are ready to hole up for a bit. We have a trip to the in-laws planned sometime around the holidays, but other than that I don't think I'll go out much before spring! Way too scary again out there, not to mention cold and gloomy. Hope you'll have great holidays with your family as well. Talking about Thanksgiving, you mention a strawberry-pretzel salad...would you mind sharing a picture once you make that? I'm a little intrigued...

Jennifer said...

So nice to catch up on your posts Carol - love both of your finishes and hope your DIL will enjoy her pillow. Those cardinals over 1 are amazing! Glad to read about your travels and see the pics - I’ve been to Louisville a few times, but haven’t been to either of the places you showed. We usually stop at the Louisville Slugger museum, it is a fun tour and you get a mini bat at the end. Off now to read your other posts!