Sunday, December 22, 2019

A slightly different Christmas

Just two more days and Christmas will be here! Are you ready? I've done all that I need to do outside of preparing meals, although I may make a couple more batches of cookies. Cookie baking is hard for me to resist this time of year! I have a nice supply that I froze from Thanksgiving and made three more kinds on Saturday--honestly, that is plenty! But, it's fun to try a new cookie every now and then and Christmas offers the perfect excuse to experiment, don't you think?

My tree is finally up and decorated...I do think this is the latest ever! As I mentioned in my previous post, I am considering putting it up before Thanksgiving next year--or at least the day after so I can enjoy the fruits of my labor (also known as my monthly ornaments!) a bit longer. Many of you have seen my tree on Instagram, but I know some of  you just read blogs so here are some photos for you. I'm often asked about our tree so here are a few details for you. It is not huge--about 7 feet tall. Yes, it is artificial--when my middle son was young, he had allergies to real trees so we went with an artificial tree and never looked back. It is not a "themed" tree--it contains a bit of everything. Besides my stitching, there are ornaments from my mother-in-law, my sons' childhood ornaments, ornaments from our travels, and everything in between. The most common question is: "How many stitched ornaments are there?" Well, last week,  I actually counted them as I placed each one on the tree--there are 155 and 95% of them were made over the past ten years. This year, I only put the ornaments I stitched myself on the tree and put those given to me by my stitching friends on the mantel in our family room and up the stairway on the garland (after I moved my current year's ornaments to the main tree). The tree was simply getting too crowded so I chose to showcase them this way. I'll try to remember to take a photo of my gifts on the mantel and up the stairway for my next post when I show you the wonderful presents I received this month...

2019 Christmas Tree: 155 stitched ornaments!

I placed the four Little House Needleworks "Hometown Holiday" ornaments in a cluster. I plan on adding to that collection in the coming year!

I really don't have a "style" when I finish an ornament--I just try to make each one special and unique!

A wonderful thought to remember as we head into the new year ( and new decade!)

The sun goes down and the lights seem to get brighter as night falls...

Star light, star bright

I spot some of my favorites in this photo! The"Kissing Cardinals" will always be near the top of my list...

That trio of snowmen with their carrot noses in the lower left has always been popular! There is one more in the series that I should really stitch soon.

Love the reflection of white lights in the windows at night!

My childhood Santa looks a bit more ragged every year, but I still love him!

Here is a bit of an expanded view of our sunroom where we display our tree each year. This room has the best natural light in the house with five windows, a double door (behind the tree) and two skylights so it is where I not only finish my ornaments, but also photograph them as well. Can you see the snow outside? I took these photos last week when we had about an inch fall one morning.

I used to have two large Boston ferns on either side of the tree (on the white tables), but they barely made it through Thanksgiving so I had to throw them out. The tables needed a quick little "something" to perk them up. I walked around the house pulling bits and pieces and came up with odds and ends to create these two vignettes sitting on top of a pair of red and white checked kitchen towels. 

A trio of snowmen and a cute red sled top the table to the left of the tree...

... and a Santa sled and bearded character along with a big basket of pinecones and mini-apples rest on the table to the right of the tree.

I do have one new finish to show you today! Well, it's not actually "new" as it's been patiently waiting for me to frame it for at least a dozen years. Honestly, I can't remember when I stitched this one, but it was definitely before I began blogging almost 11 years ago. I ran across these cute little elves yesterday and decided that today was the day to finally frame them--I've even had the frame for years! This is "Be Merry" is by Just Nan and it was stitched on 28 ct. Tea-Dyed Monaco using the suggested threads (because back then I wouldn't have been brave enough to change any of them!). 

"Be Merry" finished just in time for Christmas. I love the beads and specialty stitches in this one. The beards on the elves are stitched with pearl cotton making them look thick and fluffy. I think the gold and burgundy tones in the frame pick up the colors of the stitching so well.

My treasured elf was given to me many Christmases ago by my best friend. He is holding a bird in a nest and a small birdhouse. Isn't he special--such character in his wizened face... The bench he is sitting on came from the Dollar Store a few years ago.

Giveaway Winner... I had quite a number of stitchers enter to win the "Six  Busy Santas" chart (does anyone else find that to be one odd name for that chart??) and the name drawn from the hat was...

Alhana--you are the winner of this chart!

Alhana, please send me your mailing address (my email is in my sidebar under "View My Complete Profile.") Congratulations--I hope you enjoy stitching the Santas, Alhana--please share your stitching with us when you've finished. If you didn't win this giveaway, please watch this space--I'll be offering more charts in the future. Thanks so much to all who participated!

Who still sends Christmas cards?  I do, but I'm afraid it is becoming a thing of the past and I really miss the nice old-fashioned cards... you know--the ones with pretty winter scenes or Christmas-themed pictures on the front. Now, it seems everyone sends a card featuring only their family photo(s) and a printed generic greeting bearing their name. No personal message at all... I guess I'm just old-fashioned--I am always a bit behind the trends anyway :) But, I love picking out cards and mailing them out at Christmas time. These are the three selections that I sent this year. I try to include a personal message and also pop in a photo of our family for those who haven't seen us in a while.

I couldn't decide which greeting card to send this year so I picked three! Which is your favorite?

I did get the most perfect Christmas card from my oldest son and daughter-in-law. What do you think? My son said as soon as he saw it, he couldn't resist buying it for me. He said it even looks like me a bit when I have my glasses on (and before I got my hair cut shorter). (Hmmm... not sure how I feel about that)! But, I was supposed to be born on Christmas--hence, my name. My poor mom had to wait three whole weeks until I finally made an appearance in mid-January, but she still decided to name me Carol. 


So, how are you spending your Christmas Day? My blog title alluded to a slightly "different" Christmas for us this year.  Well, first of all--let's look at the weather...  It is going to be in the 50s here on Christmas Day! I don't ever remember a Christmas that warm. No white Christmas in western Pennsylvania, but the warm spell sure has made shopping easier and will be much safer for those of us traveling. The other difference this year will be that our whole family won't be together (insert sounds of me weeping). My oldest son and daughter-in-law will be with her family in Texas and my middle son and his girlfriend will be spending their Christmas Eve with her family. It's going to be very quiet around here. 

The biggest difference will be that we won't be eating here--we're taking our manicotti and turkey dinner up to Ohio to share it with my in-laws in their assisted living home. They say the best thing you can give an elderly person (they are 91) is the gift of time. So, this is our gift. I'll miss setting the table and relaxing at home, but I know they'll welcome us. The transition from life in Florida to the assisted living home in Ohio (in October) has been difficult for them. But, we'll try our hardest  to make their day festive and memorable!

Wherever you may be spending your December 25th, I wish each of you a blessed Christmas 2019. May it be filled with memories to last a lifetime... Thank you for taking the time to read my words (and, perhaps, comment now and then) -- this stitching community of ours is truly special! Bye for now...

From our house to yours... Merry Christmas everyone!

51 comments:

Kate said...

This is a beautiful post, Carol. I absolutely love your tree and your beautiful stitched pieces. Spending Christmas with your elderly in-laws is what Christmas is all about - you'll bring them such joy and pleasure - well done, you. Merry Christmas and have a safe trip. ^^

Maggie said...

HI Carol, Your tree is wonderful, i love seeing it each year, all those stitched ornaments! I think you should put it up earlier to enjoy your lovely work :-) I'm sorry that you won't all be together with your sons this Christmas but I'm sure you will still have a wonderful day with your in-laws. My mother usually comes to us, or with us if we go to one of the girls houses but today she has said that she's not sure if she will want to come out of her house. She was 91 in August, she still lives in her own bungalow but it's becoming harder, I hope she feels able to make the effort and come to dinner, but we'll see.
I wish you and your family a very happy Christmas and a fantastic new year. xx

Margaret said...

Your tree is so absolutely gorgeous, Carol. It's not just the amazing number of stitched ornaments. I think somehow it looks like a Christmas tree of old. I need to find some strings of garlands like the ones you have strung everywhere on the tree! You are so sweet to spend your Christmas dinner with your in-laws at the assisted living facility. I know they will appreciate your gesture. Sorry that two of your sons and their significant others won't be with you for Christmas Eve and Christmas. :( I hope you have a wonderful Christmas despite it being different from what you're used to.

Barb said...

Your tree is spectacular. It is the kind of tree I love, full of memories. My tree may not be beautiful but I remember each ornament and when I got it or who gave it to us. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Your family is doing such a kind thing for your in laws.
We are doing dinner for Laurie, her friend, and a good friend of mine who lost her dear husband 4 years ago. I will miss Hannah and Caleb but we are having very special people here. Like you, no snow.

marly said...

So enjoy seeing this tree every year. Your home is so lovely! I'm sure your in laws will appreciate your visit and the great food. Moving to a new place with new friends is stressful enough, but FL to OH is another big change. God bless them! I hope they enjoy the holidays and that your mom will too. Merry Christmas Carol. Thank you for inspiring us all year long and taking us on a cruise most of us will never experience.

Arlene G said...

Oh I love the pictures of your home Carol. Your ornaments are beautiful. We will be along for Christmas dinner. We will go to see Star Wars then spend some time at our daughter's home. Thursday we leave for a little jaunt to Oxford MS to visit Ole Miss and Rowan Oak, the home of William Faulkner. When the children marry, things do change and you just have to roll with the punches. Create your own fun as Marvin and I have learned to do! I look forward to seeing what you will be stitching in 2020!

butterfly said...

Merry Christmas Carol,
Your tree looks so fab , just beautiful.
I started early this year ,like you say if you are late you can't enjoy your beautiful ornaments for very long .
I love to send cards , I love all the different ones .
I keep them for a few years then i make Christmas tags from them.
Enjoy your Christmas have fun.
And thank you again for sharing your beautiful tree , which is the high lite of blogger land for me.

Gabi said...

Hi Carol,
what a beautiful tree with all the stitched ornies. Wonderful.
I also love to send cards and I always look and buy cards when I am in town.
Enjoy the time with your family and have fun.
Merry Christmas from Germany

Kay said...

Happy Christmas. Your tree is so beautiful and must be full of cherished memories of things you have made each year. I still send cards, the old fashioned kind, in England we usually do this although a few people have started to send family photo printed cards like in America. May your time be special and happy. x

Manuela said...

Hello Carol,
your Christmas tree is amazing with all your ornaments you have stitched and sewed.
Your old stitching finish looks wonderful in the frame. Pefect finish.
I buy and send Christmas card every year.
I wish you a Merry Christmas my friend.
Big Hugs, Manuela

maxi said...

Hello Carol,

★Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★Christmas★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | ç”°ç”° |é–€|

for you and your family!

Thank you for teh look in your home with the christmas tree! I love you ornaments!
Happy Stitichng
maxi

Marilyn said...

I love your tree, it doesn't look artificial at all.
It's beautiful with all of the hand made ornaments, just picture perfect!
Your little vignettes are cute also.
That frame on the Just Nan is as beautiful as the stitching.
I love sending & receiving Christmas cards, but my list has grown shorter over the years.
Gotta love that red truck!
What a nice gesture to spend Christmas with your in-laws, they will love that.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
Marilyn

Mary said...

We received very few Christmas cards this year, and I didn't have the time to send any. It's so hard to find a Christ-centered card these days, and that's disappointing to me.

It'll be a warm Christmas here in Northwestern PA, and we'll be staying in North East to be near family. Disappointed there will be no snow, but we were there a couple years ago when they had the huge snowfall; and that was a bit more than we needed!

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Best blessing for the new year as well.

Vickie said...

Oh no, I definitely still send Christmas cards! And we received just a few less this year. Yes, we receive some of the family printed ones. I like the one of the tree the best of your three. :) It will be 48 here for Christmas Day also! Crazy! I have never seen a picture of your home like the last one! I love it!! So pretty! Oh yes! That card your son sent. So cute!! ;) Merry Christmas my dear friend!

Cathy H. said...

Your tree and the small vignettes you create are gorgeous! 155 ornaments stitched by you is incredible. I'll have to count mine this year when I take them down! It won't be near that many, maybe half. We will be alone on Christmas this year. We celebrated with family this past weekend. I'll be like you, visiting my dad in a care facility. He's 90 and has Alzheimer's. Thankfully he still knows his children. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Robin in Virginia said...

Carol, your tree is gorgeous, your displays awesome, and the outside of your home is so pretty with the bit of snow. Of the three cards you sent, I really like the one with the red truck. I love sending cards and while it seems to be a dying or lost art, I will continue. It is probably one of my favorite holiday activities. Wishing you a safe trip to and from as you visit your in-laws in their new place. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, Carol!

Sandy said...

The house is so pretty and the tree is always spectacular. I think going to see the in-laws is a great idea. I know how hard it is when those kids start spreading out and we have to do things different. I have a good friends who divorced after a very long time. It broke my heart, but worst of all is not having each other in these years. I was just talking to the female in this couple and what a lonely day she will have. I think it is now we grow closer together. Still hard not to set that table though:)
Enjoy baking. I am making a few pies and have made some cakes already but only one batch of cookies...boo hoo.
The stitch is beautiful too.
Merry Christmas.

Andrea said...

I never get tired of seeing your tree. It looks beautiful again this year. A lovely "new old" stitched project. You can never have enough Christmas pieces.
I still send Christmas cards. Like you I prefer the old fashioned type of card, (Santas or a winter scene) and not the novelty ones. I will make my own but this year have bought a box of cards to give to certain people. Just not had time to make enough with being in hospital.
Wishing you, DH and your family a wonderful Christmas.

Stasi said...

Carol,
Your tree, decorations and home in general are so beautiful and welcoming. I wish you a Merry Christmas, knowing it will not be your usual celebration but I'm sure will be special in a different way.
The card from your son is perfect..I'm sure you got a kick out of it!
Thanks for another great year of blogging and see you in 2020...if not before! :)

Alhana said...

I can't believe my name was picked among all these talented ladies. Your early Christmas gift made me very happy, Carol! Thank you very much for your generosity. :-)

As a blog-over-instagram person I love seeing your tree pictures here, and all the little details of your sunroom and the story behind them. The room looks great and very festive, I hope you post the mantelpiece decoration soon too. I also love sending and receiving cards, but nobody does that around here anymore. The one your son gave you is really cute and looks like you indeed. I hope you have a great time with your loved ones these holidays. Merry Christmas all the way from Spain!

Joyce said...

Merry Christmas Carol. I look forward to this post all year and it never fails to make my heart sing, such beautiful work. Thank you for taking the time to bring us into your home. So glad that you can go and visit your inlaws, safe travels, with the warm weather we are having it should be easier.

Monique, Moniake said...

Cet arbre de Noël est sublime, une pure merveille , félicitations pour tout, bravo !
Je vous souhaite un merveilleux Noël !
Monique

Susan Lankford said...

Carol....your tree is amaaaazing! Yes, you should put it up early! For the first time, I decorated before Thanksgiving...I kept seeing others who were doing this and I just had to copycat....I was glad, tho because it gives more time to enjoy! And your sunroom is lovely!

Sadly, I don't send Christmas cards anymore....and I agree...I also think it is because of the younger generations' switch to family pictures....made me feel outdated! Not sure how the card companies who sell Christmas cards are making money ...I receive about 75% fewer cards than I used to...

And what a sweet and generous thing you are doing by going to your elderly in-laws' place to celebrate with them.

Carol, have a very merry Christmas!

Barb said...

Merry Christmas, Carol! Oh, such a busy time of year and always lots to do and so much fun for all! I really hope you have a fun, safe trip to your in-laws for Christmas. I’m sure they will be so happy to see you and get the chance to visit and enjoy the holiday. Since they are living in an assisted living facility, will you just be there for the day or will you be staying in the area for a few days? How far is it from your home? At least the weather is cooperating and making travel easier. I can’t really remember it being this warm at Christmas time in the past.

Your Christmas tree is so beautiful. I can only imagine how much all of us would “ooh & ahh”:over every single stitched piece on it and truly love that gorgeous work of art. It really is so amazing. Your work is truly an inspiration and so beautiful.

I do want to wish you and your husband and family a very Happy Christmas holiday and safe travels for all.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful blog with us, too. It is so charming and special - truly a delight and we are all lucky to get to read it and know you.

Merry Christmas!

Christel said...

Quel merveilleux post Carol. Votre sapin est magnifiquement décoré grâce à vos broderies. Il est majestueux et plein de tendresse à la fois. Bravo, pour votre déco de chaque côté. A la maison nous n'avons pas assez de place pour un aussi grand sapin mais nous le trouvons beau comme il est.
Je continue comme vous d'envoyer des cartes pour Noël et la nouvelle année, c'est vrai que c'est une coutume qui se perd mais je suis comme vous sans doute un peu vieux jeu... Peu importe, on prend plaisir à envoyer des petits mots.
Je vous souhaite ainsi qu'à vos proches un Noël plein de joie et de douceur...
Amitiés de France,
Christel
http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

Aussie Carrie said...

Carol, I look forward to seeing your tree each year and it is always beautiful and an inspiration to stitch more each year. I realised you had made many ornaments, but 155 is a real achievement! To that number you need to add those that you have so generously given away.

Not only do I send Christmas cards, but I make my own, add a typed letter detailing our activities plus a hand written note in each card. We have moved around our state and have friends all over Australia so Iove receiving their letters. It is such a joy to sit and read each one and catch up on their news. Email greetings are very popular here but I am not a fan.

We too will be on our own having visited our two sons during the last few weeks. We had an early Christmas with each of them and their families so we don't mind being on our own. This is the way it has been for the last few years but I do miss the large family gatherings my childhood and when our boys were much younger.

I think it a beautiful gesture that you are giving your time to your husband's family. Enjoy this time with them as they grow older.

Merry Christmas & I hope your 2020 is full of love, adventure and stitching.

Katrina said...

Simply gorgeous Carol! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas time and best wishes for the New Year, in friendship, Katrina xx

Tdsvintagelife said...

I also love sending and receiving Christmas cards and love to get a little note inside. I also love those Christmas letters because you get caught up on peoples lives. All those cards are cute and my favorite is the black gingham one so darling. Merry Christmas, I so enjoy seeing your cross stitch ornaments and finishes you do such a beautiful job.

MartinaM said...

Your tree is a real gem. So many great ornaments, you can stand there for hours and look at them. But your other decoration also makes it look very atmospheric.
We will spend a quiet Christmas, together with my in-laws and my brother-in-law.
Have a magical Christmastime, Martina

Sandra said...

Happy Christmas, Carol. A lovely Christmas tree with so many stitched ornaments!
The card I like the best is the truck with the Christmas tree in the falling snow!

Ele said...

Your finish is lovely and your tree.... stunning!!
Merry Christmas
Hugs

Vicki said...

What lovely decor!

Merry Christmas...

Cindy's Stitching said...

So pretty in every way. I think your displays are perfect. May you have a blessed and merry Christmas. I so enjoy christmas cards. Checking the mail everyday made me smile. Happy new year.🌻

Faith... said...

We are all ready for Christmas here. All the presents are wrapped and under the tree amd we are just waiting for this one more sleep to open them up! Your tree is absolutely gorgeous; thank you for sharing it with us.

I hope that you are your loved one have a beautiful Christmas!

Shelly said...

Your tree is just gorgeous! Love it! Which card do I like? The one with the gnome is cute but I have to go with the one with black gingham and the tree on it. When our children grow up and get significant others, things change. I now drive up to the next town to see my daughter and her boyfriend for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I would be sad if they lived a ways away. I'm spending the morning there and then they're going to the boyfriends families house for Christmas in the afternoon. Just part of letting our children grow up and getting their own life. I will be watching Christmas movies tonight and drinking some Chardonnay and eating stuffed jalapenos! Merry Christmas to you and yours, Carol!

Jill said...

Hi, Carol. I loved seeing your Christmas tree with all your hand stitched ornaments. It is absolutely gorgeous. As a former x-stitcher, I truly admire your handiwork. They are all lovely and make such an impact together on your tree. Thanks for sharing and all the best to you in 2020!

Katya said...

What a beautiful tree - and what an amazing collection of ornaments! Put me in a festive mood. :) Merry Christmas!

Mary said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a very blessed New Year!

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas Carol! I hope your different Christmas was still happy and hope you had a nice visit with your in-laws. Love seeing your tree and the pretty room it is in - that looks like a great place for stitching and finishing!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your tree looks wonderful. So many beautiful ornaments and those lovely bead strings. I may try find some for my tree next year. I had a small Ornament tree this year, I have nowhere near as many as you do LOL.
The Photo Christmas Card is not common in England, we still send traditional cards. My son's school sells them made from the children's artwork so the school gets a donation to their fundraising.

Barbara said...

Thanks (once again) for the wonderful inspiration for stitching finishes. I save your photos and refer to them when I have a project to finish. You do such fine needlework.

April said...

Hi Carol, your tree is always stunning-the ornaments are little treasures each and every one! I know your family must be proud of those heirlooms.
I'm sure your in laws were glad to have you with them on Christmas being in a new place and all.
I love to get/send Christmas cards. It's fun to open the mailbox and find them-like a little treat without the calories! :)
Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Barb said...

Hi (again) Carol - I just had to stop by for a moment and tell you how much I love your new pictures at the top of your blog. All of your stitching and finishing is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing all of these wonderful and creative treasures with us. I do hope you had a safe and joyful travel to see your in-laws, that all is well and that you had a very Merry Christmas.

Jutta said...

Dear Carol,
oooohhh, I'm not on instagram, there it is, your great tree!!!!! 155 ornaments, beautiful and again beautiful, I envy you for it . . . . . . . and very well photographed.
Thank you for your comment on my blog. I wish you and your family a happy, healthy and beautiful new year, stay as creative as you are!!!
Hugs, Jutta

Little Penpen said...

All my guests left this morning and I am sitting on the couch doing some blog surfing. I stumbled upon your Christmas tree and oh my goodness!!! what a beautiful tree! I love all your hand stitched beauties!

Katie said...

Wow what a gorgeous tree!!! I can't say that enough. I love the two thrown together vignettes....Looks like a professional designed them. Love your "new" finish. Just adorable. Congrats Alhana. We send just a few. I agree with you they are fading. I think the expense of mailing doesn't help. Note writing in general is fading. I love receiving a note in the mail though. My favorite of your three cards is the truck. I just fell in love with the red truck this year. Love all 3 picks though. Great choices. I do love the card you received from your son. We had a different Christmas by including mom in our traditions with my dad but it went fantastic. We enjoyed it and she fit right in. I'm so thankful my dad and step mom were so welcoming. Plus we got to stay at our cabin. Sorry that your kiddos weren't able to make it home. But you had a lovely Thanksgiving to remember at least.

Kaisievic said...

Carol, your Christmas decorating is so very gorgeous and I am sure that your in-laws loved seeing you on Christmas Day. Hard to be without your children this Christmas, as I well know, but I am sure that you will see them all again soon. My favourite Christmas card is the truck with the Christmas tree on it.

Bethan said...

What a stunning tree! I can see why you would it up earlier in the season to enjoy everything on it - and it must take a while to decorate! I hope you had a good Christmas, even though it was a bit different from usual x

Claire said...

Oh Carol your house is beautiful and your tree is magnificent as always! I so love seeing your treasures! Your elves are absolutely delightful. It's not easy finding a cute elf to display or to stitch! Thank you for taking the time to send us this cheerful greeting and to share the beauty of your home. Best wishes for much joy and happiness to you and your family, Carol!
xoClaire

Leonore Winterer said...

You must have been baking for me as well! I didn't find the time for even one cookie before Christmas, and now I'm on a diet for the new year...but one of these days I WILL be baking again, haha!

Your tree is stunning! Good thing it's quite big (ours is just about 5 feet, so 7 is pretty tall for me!) so it fits all your ornaments. You might need to get a second tree soon if you continue your stitching, though.

I also love your 'new' finish - such a gorgeous frame. You have such a good eye for composition and how to put things together, I lack serious inspiration in that department.

I never sent out many cards, Christmas or otherwise, but swinging against the flow as usual, I try to get more 'oldschool' mail our lately. I didn't have any time before Christmas, though, and sent only one card (a lady on fb asked people to send cards to her sick mum to cheer her up). I love your little Christmas gnome card!

Christmas was a pretty quiet affair for us this year with just the three of us (grandma, Felix and me). We did make it work and had a good time, though. On the 25th, we went to see Felix' family (the whole lot - four aunts and eight cousins and the likes), and spent some quality time with them, too.

I hope you had a great Christmas, even if it was different from your usual holidays :)

pjspear said...

Oh my goodness! What a great tree.