Saturday, February 7, 2009

Week Six: Button Up Skater








Another wintry cold week here, but things are looking up because today the temperature on the thermometer climbed all the way to 50! This Prairie Schooler ornament is from the "Button Up" chart and I stitched it on 32 count Lambswool Jobelan. Since we have a pond at the back of our property, this piece reminded me of the times when my sons were little and enjoyed ice skating when it stayed cold long enough for the pond to freeze. Nice memories...

2 comments:

Kissy said...

Hi!
I love your Ornaments.
Good luck for the challenge!
You will need a huge Christmas tree for hanging them all ;-)

Kissy

Carol said...

Thanks for your nice comment--now if I can only truly FINISH each ornament, I'll need that big Christmas tree! :) Carol